Last updated [June 15th, 2020]
We respect the privacy of our users and every person who visits our Mobile Application Language Chat App. Here, Language Chat refers to as (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language Chat is a meticulously designed language learning app that will help you in learning new languages easily and smoothly.
In a globalized world, where mobility is facilitated, learning a language gives you a wonderful benefit. Not only does it help you when traveling, but it is also a great advantage for studying in general. Learning a new language means your brain has to cope with complexity and allows it to absorbs new patterns, this process also helps to boost brain power and improves memory.
This app will help you to learn the grammar, vocabulary, and communication skills you need to become a fluent speaker of the language.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering with us, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our services, when participating in activities on the Mobile Application, or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Mobile Application, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first name, email address, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Mobile Application. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Mobile Application and other technical information. If you access our Mobile Application with your mobile device, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Mobile Application, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, su ch as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you for related to your account, our business purposes, and/or for legal reasons. We may use your personal information to send you a product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Mobile Application.
- To protect our Mobile Application for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Mobile Application safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for our business purposes and as legally required.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm as legally required. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Mobile Application, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you use the Mobile Application. These companies may use information about your usage of our Mobile Application and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Mobile Application) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Mobile Application, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Mobile Application in perpetuity.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in the _____________________________. We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient.
- Analytics and advertising
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
Based on our legitimate interests in the analysis, optimisation and economical operation of our online offering and for these purposes, our online offering uses what is called the “Facebook pixel” of the social network Facebook operated by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA or, if you are resident in the EU, by Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”).
The Facebook pixel allows Facebook to identify the visitors to our online offering as a target group for this display of advertisements (known as Facebook ads). Accordingly we use the Facebook pixel in order to display the Facebook ads placed by us only to those Facebook users who have shown an interest in our online offering, or who exhibit certain characteristics (e.g. interest in certain topics or products determined based on the websites that are visited), which we transmit to Facebook (known as Custom Audiences). We also use the Facebook pixel to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interests of users and are not perceived as bothersome. With the help of the Facebook pixel, we are also able to understand the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were forwarded to our website after clicking a Facebook advertisement (known as conversion).
Facebook processes the data according to Facebook’s data usage guideline. Corresponding general information about the display of Facebook ads in Facebook’s data usage guideline: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Specific information and details about the Facebook pixel and its functionality is available in the Facebook help section: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616.
You can object to the recording of data by the Facebook pixel and their use for the display of Facebook ads. To choose what types of advertisements are displayed to you on Facebook, you can call up the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions for configuring usage-based advertising settings: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads. The settings are platform-independent, meaning they apply to all devices including desktop computers and mobile devices.
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Mobile Application is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
O WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Mobile Application, you represent that you are at least 16 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Mobile Application. If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Mobile Application.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.